Thursday, November 12, 2009

I'm "Wired" & "Twisted"

It's "TWISTED" Thursday
are you ready to get
"WIRED"


"Twisted" Thursday is a fun sketch challenge brought to you by Shirley's 2 Girls and the "Ladies with Attitude" Design Team. Of course there is always a WINNER that gets to pick a FREE stamp set! Have you checked out the HUGE SALE going on at S2G? Not your average SALE, I'm talkin' STAMP SETS as low as $1.00 or ribbon $ .45 for 2 yards. Not exactly a meander over at your leisure kinda sale, RUN BEFORE IT IS ALL GONE.............
---------> SALE PAGE <---------
Ever make a card where you impress yourself? I am really digging my project for today. I think it might go into a frame and become part of my fall decor'.... Before I do that, I am going to stamp the "Count your Blessings" sentiment that comes with the Pilgrims onto the front of the card. My turkey is "Counting his Blessings" in that he is not part of this year's Feast! (The Turkey is actually a Digital placecard) I printed him out onto designer paper, used copics to color, then cut him out. The green portion of his tail feathers was originally a circle die that I had lying around my table. I paper pieced the lady pilgrim's apron but everything else was colored using my Copic markers. Although the Design Team is showing off our newest Thanksgiving stamps, YOU are free to use whatever theme strikes your fancy.
HERE ARE THE "TWISTED" DETAILS:
  1. CREATE a project using today's Sketch pattern
  2. Add the TWIST by adding WIRE
  3. Upload your project to your blog or favorite gallery (S2GSC33 & shirleys2girls)
  4. Link your project to ---------> Mrs. LINKY <---------
  5. Deadline Wednesday, November 18th (midnight PST)

(click on any photo to get a bigger view)

Check out what the other Ladies with Attitude have "Twisted" up

And our Talented Guest Designer Anne

...........Supplies I used............
Stamps: Shirley's 2 Girls (Pilgrims & Give Thanks)
Digi Stamp: Shirley's 2 Girls (Turkey placecard)
Ink: Copic markers, Momento (tuxedo black)
Paper: Stampin Up (really rust, naturals white, kiwi kiss, more mustard, brown polka dots, green circle die cut & brown rectangle die cut), Imaginescense (hallowhimsy)
Tools: Marvy Uchida (blue scallop circle punch), Spellbinders (Nestabilities circle dies), Provo Craft (Cuttlebug), Stampin Up (circle punch, small circle punch, 1/8" hole punch)
Misc: copper wire

13 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Awesome job on the sketch, such a sweet fall card.

Stef H said...

what a fabulous card! i can see it in a frame - on your table too - right next to the turkey - LOL.

hugs,

Pat (mspfd) said...

You rock! Not only did you nail the challenge, you also created an amazing design showcasing many of the S2G images!

S2G said...

justine...i adore this & love what you did with this weeks twisted challenge! Great job girl!!! DEIDRE

S2G said...

Justine...i just looked again...now i feel the fear on that little turkeys face...just say NO to TURKEYS...go all chocolate this year! hehe Deidre

Andrea Clayton said...

Supercute pilgrims!

Jane Wetzel said...

WOW Justine..this just went into my file of FAVS!! VERY VERY VERY CUTE! :)

Danni said...

Great card!

Debbie said...

Justine - AMAZING! I love how you used the turkey with the pilgrims! LOL! that poor turkey! great coloring too!

Erin Smetak said...

Nice job Justine! Love your coloring!!! That pilgrim ROCKS! I think you're going to have to show me how to color just like that! It looks so real!

Great card!!!!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Hi Missy! Left you a fun Blog Award on my blog - DO IT!! LOL

Carla said...

This is the perfect Thanksgiving card! Love it!!!

Georgia Ehrmann said...

great card! You talked me into entering the challenge this week and I thank you! It helped to give me back my mojo!
hugs,
Georgia