Saturday, August 29, 2009

Unique Baby Shower Gift for a little boy




I attended a baby shower a couple of weeks ago and this is a fun little set of onsies that I created as part of my gift. The top two photos show that I stamped both the front and backs of each onsie using Stazon Ink. The only thing that I did different to each shirt was where I stamped the sentiment "Need for Speed". Just to make sure that my image was there to stay, I heat set them using my embossing gun. The package contained 3 onsies that I rolled up and placed in a matching gift bag. Boxes & bags are my favorite things to create probably because the presentation of an ordinary gift becomes so much more exciting! Remember that if you are creating your own patterned paper, stamp your images BEFORE cutting the card stock...

Although I originally created this card to go with my gift, I ended up creating a more traditional "baby card" in baby blue. The large circle was cut using a large Nestabilities circle. I stamped my main image and embossed him in black. I stamped him a second time using gray ink to give him a shadow. This was the first time that I had ever used my brayer tool, however, this is a technique that I can't wait to do again. So simple, just roll the brayer across an ink pad then over your stamped image alternating colors. No need to mask the stamped image if you have heat embossed because the ink wipes right off. The grass was created by stamping the top portion of a large background stamp in different shades of green.
Thank you so much for visiting me today.
REMINDERS

"Twisted Thursday" sketch challenge - there is still time
to play. Complete details are below

September 3 - BLOG HOP and of course there will be
PRIZES

DISCOUNT CODE
worth 15 % off your entire order
at
ABC Toys & Crafts

-------> ABC15F <-------

This discount code is good until October 10

4 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Well what a cool idea, love this.

Anonymous said...

AWW!! What a sweet idea to make the onsie! :) Fab creation with the biker!! Love that silhouette image!! TFS!! HUGS

Stef H said...

oh wow! i never, ever think to stamp clothes! wait! i get ink on me all the time! what am i saying????? LOL

this is absolutely fun-tastic!

hugs,

Mina said...

what a fantastic idea...must have a try at this...what a beautiful gift and card to give someone
Mina xxx