Thursday, July 16, 2009

Twisted Thursday #19



This is the 3rd and Final
TWISTED THURSDAY
Christmas in July

I hope that myself and the other Ladies With Attitude have helped get you into the Holiday Spirit. I know that I have been humming some funny little Christmas tunes as I work on my Holiday themed projects in the Sicilian Summer Heat. I had so much fun with this pretty little Angel (joy to the world SG H2) last week that I thought I would show how versatile stamping can be by dressing her a bit more whimsical today. If you will remember, last week she had more of a folk art appearance. So are you ready for a "TWISTED" Challenge??

Not necessarily a sketch this week but the " Twist" is to create a SHAPE card. Shape meaning anything except an A-2 card.....
My shape is a Triangle that I turned into a Christmas Tree card. I layered one of the new Digital papers on top of my card base and trimmed the bottom using a Martha Stewart border punch (15% off at ABC).. The Angel's dress & banner were paper pieced, I then colored with Copics (her face, hands, hair and shading). I used Green Smooch to add the little bits of sparkley green. To keep the silver cord in place, I would wrap the cord around then adhere it in place using scotch tape on the back.
Your Turn:
  • "TWIST": Create a Shape Card (star, heart, triangle, circle etc)
  • Keywords: S2GSC19 & shirleys2girls
  • Link it onto the MR. LINKY ---> HERE <---
  • Deadline: Sunday, July 19 at midnight (EST)
Congratulations Gina for winning last week's sketch challenge. Can't wait to see what you create with all of your new products from Shirley's 2 Girls. Wanna see what the other Ladies With Attitude have "Twisted" up?


Erin
Joy
Pat
Shelley
Debbie
Karolyn
S2G challenge blog(sure let them know they are loved too)
..........Supplies I used...............
Stamps: Shirley's 2 Girls (joy to the world)
Paper: Shirley's 2 Girls digital paper, the rest are scraps
Tools: Martha Stewart border punch (cornice border), Stampin Up (border punch, star punch)
Embellishments: Martha Stewart (silver ribbon bow), Stampin Up (silver cord), SCACD (smooch-green apple),

11 comments:

Jaspere said...

I just love the shape of this and love that paper piecing.

Stef H said...

i see you made my xmas gift!!!! LOL. this is beautiful & yummy!

hugs,

Anonymous said...

Great card...love the shape. Your little angel is adorable too:)

Pat (mspfd) said...

You are so creative! Awesome job, Justine.

Angie said...

OK! just what I was waiting for today. Now to figure out what shape...

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Love how this came out!!Oh and congrats on your cupcake card over at Papertrey loved it!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh this is gorgeous.

Debbie said...

justine - this is gorgeous! love the triangle shape and what you did with that cute little angel. That DP fits perfectly!

Danni said...

Oh how creative! Love it!! Wonderful job!

Julia Aston said...

Very fun "tree" card! wanted to congratulate you on having your PTI card chosen winner for July!

Gina Lindsay said...

Oh, I love this shape card, great job!