Monday, July 20, 2009

Neuschwanstein Castle vs. Justein's Castle



No this isn't the Famous Von Swanstein Castle in Germany, but the image may very well have been created to resemble it. Most fairy tale castles are created in it's likeness (Disney World's Cinderella Castle). We were very fortunate to have visited the real deal a few years ago. Absolutely breathtaking as it sat nestled amongst the Bavarian Alps....

For my card, I used the castle image from My Cute Stamps - Royal Celebration 13 piece stamp set. (I used the Princess image in last week's post titled "Queen Justine"). As I was inking this one up, I really got to noticing how well these stamps are made. Some companies advertise that they have deeply etched images, but they don't. These have given me a nice clean image every time I've used them. Quality and Quantity = More bang for your buck and Versatility. I used one of my Martha Stewart border punches (embossed scroll) on the white cardstock to create the almost lace or eyelet appearance. So dainty and femanine. If you look closely you will see that I added some blue glitter to the castle flag and scrolled edge which is along the top of the castle's roof. Ordinarily I would have used 3 rhinestones, however, this was created for Thursday's Ways to Use It challenge over on Splitcoast Stampers. The challenge was titled seeing double which meant to do things in pairs. I have the two raised sides of the castle, two round windows, double doors, 2 rhinestones, and the 2 white scrolled borders.

Thank you so much for stopping by today. Although I am on vacation until the 26th or 27th, I still have some fabulous posts Pre-dated to post during my absense. Starting on Wednesday, I will be giving you SNEAK PEEKS of what Shirley's 2 Girls will be releasing and trust me, you don't want to miss this new line of Groovy Stamps!!!!!!
..............Supplies I used.................
Stamps: My Cute Stamps (Royal Celebration)
Ink: Momento (tuxedo black)
Paper: Stampin' Up! (patterned paper hostess stack), Paper Trey Ink (new leaf)
Tools: Martha Stewart border punch,
Misc: Hero Arts (clear rhinestones), Martha Stewart (glitter)

3 comments:

Carla said...

Love this card, Justine, and your commentary and the pic of the real deal was a fun extra! Lucky you for seeing the castle in person!

Delana said...

Your work is always so inspiring!

Cindy Haffner said...

Look at this, so cool!!!