Sunday, June 21, 2009

And the Rockets Red Glare


LETS HERE IT FOR...

The RED, WHITE & BLUE!!!
We have NEW DIGIS for the 4th...
'Gracie' is back ...to help YOU Celebrate!
So is Ace, one of our New Pooches...
he is a 'flag-waving' all American Doggie!

Click here...http://shirleys2girls.com/product_pages/digis.html#digiImages
Get your very own DIGI images for JULY the 4th...
DOWNLOAD THEM TODAY!

Wanna see what I did with one of My new Digis???

You might recognize the layout for this star card. I got a little excited when I saw the new Digis and used one for the Twisted Thursday #15 Challenge. It wasn't until I finished that I remembered the "TWIST",,,,,, HMMMMM I thought, maybe I can just incorporate the Twist into my finished project somehow. LOL NOT, our twist this week was to use Black & White with only one other color..... O well, was this weeks sketch not super fun. Sometimes Simplicity can be so much more.


Here are a couple details regading what I have done with this particular project. I started out simply printing, then I used my Copics in different shades of red and blues. For the blue cardstock I simply thought I would try to see if I could simplify the old brass templates. YIPPEEE, This really excited me. I am not a fan of sitting there doing that sort of embossing. Here is the way I layered my "sandwich" then just rolled it through that beautiful Cuttlebug. Presto, I'm seein STARZZZZ!!!!!!



Next on my agenda was a punched star but I wanted it to be polka dotted and I did not care for the shade of red in my PTI stack. Ever been to get a pedicure? Those little pedicure people can really work the acrylic paint and a stylus so I tried it (alright, to I wasn't painting a cute little Hybiscus),,, regardless, Yea! a new way to get DOTS.





YOU HAVE UNTIL MIDNIGHT (pst) TONIGHT (SUNDAY) TO SUBMIT A PROJECT FOR THIS WEEK'S TWISTED THURSDAY SKETCH CHALLENGE. What are you waiting for, that was your personal invitation! As of a little while ago, there were only 7 participants, not bad odds for WINNING a FREE STAMP. Don't forget to add your project to the Mr. Linky ------>
HERE

8 comments:

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

This came out great love how you stamped the star.TFS!!

Anonymous said...

I love this card! The shades of blue and red are prefect and I love the effect of the star with the fireworks exploding behind it. Wonderful job!

Stef H said...

omgawd! that starburst is like totally awesome! i love stars - and flowers - but this is gorgeous.

hugs,

Ann said...

WOW!!! Your image is awesome, and I love all the ribbons!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Totally star-studded...what a fantastic look. Awesome job!

Anonymous said...

this is a SMASH! love your tutorial too! good with the "dot" maker...you sly thing you! DEIDRE

Delana said...

Totally Amazing! LOVE IT!

Mina said...

what a fantastic card Justine, I love it....such a simple card but the firwaorks make it just stunning xxx