Saturday, March 14, 2009

Congratulations to ****** ME *******





Please excuse me while the dust settles from my little happy dance....... What's all the fuss you wanna know? I, Me, Moi have been selected to be April's Guest Designer for Susana's Custom Art and Card Designs. I will be the Guest Designer for the Karen Lockhart line!!!!!!!!!!!

I am posting this super late, well maybe it is considered early (12:45 am) because I have been trying to narrow down my order with SCACD. Besides receiving free Lockhart stamps, I also received a 10% discount that I quickly used for some amazing new products that I have been dying to own. Flower Soft, Smooches, Baubles, Diamond Glaze, Shimmerz and Laura Ashley DP are all the RAGE right now and they are all on there way to me.

Now don't get me wrong, I love my
Shirley's 2 Girls Design Team and will not be leaving them. I am just adding to my Creative Resume'...............

So with all this excitement I should get to the CARDS..... Last week I mentioned Festa Della Donna, the celebration of women. During our annual "Girls Only, Night Out", we had a gift exchange. Doing what I do best, I created a boxed set of cards. To me they seem rather simple, however, so many times I give boxed sets and I hear later that the recipient can't bear to send them out!!!! O the shame ---- ok so I know exactly how the hourding thing works, therefore, I created these in the hopes that they would actually be utilized.

I used my new circle Nestabilities that were a gift from my good friend Karolyn (she is also on the S2G DT and SCACD DT). Thank you
Karolyn ;o) The stamps are from PTI's Stationery Set. Can you see on the scalloped edge that I stamped a little matching scroll onto each scallop? Presentation is everything and keeping with the simple elegant look, I simply sandwiched the flap of the envelope into an embossing folder and ran it through the Cuttlebug. For packaging, I placed everything into a clear box, tied it with a wide ribbon and created a simple little tag.

The entire gift took me about an hour. Now let's hope that they get used to brighten someones day with a simple, elegant act of gratitude............................

Thank you so much for stopping by and allowing me to share my happy moment with you. Take a moment to check out
Susana's Custom Art and Card Designs.... Tomorrow I have a WOW project to share with you (Hint: Easter)
.................Recipe................
Paper Trey Ink: Simply Stationery stamp set, clear box, Aqua Mist CS and ink, White envelopes
Stampin' Up!: Bravo Burgandy, Taken with Teal CS and ink, Scalloped edge punch, Kraft taffeta ribbon, Scallop Square Punch
Spellbinders: Circle Nestabilities
Making Memories: dragonfly brad
Marvy Uchida: Scallop Square Punch
Cuttlebug machine and Textile embossing folder
Burgandy Ribbon, DP from Costco and misc. stamp

4 comments:

Danni said...

Congrats! Can't wait to see more of your work and get to know you better!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Way to go, girl -- Congratulations!! I am so happy for you.

Your card is stunning. It's so pretty, it will be the hit of the exchange. Enjoy your night out!

Susana M said...

Sorry I put this on the wrong post - LOL
Hi Justine,
Waving Hi and so happy to have you on the team!!! Very elegant project :o) Thanks for all the kind words about the store :o)
Hearts and Hugs
Susana

stampingtink said...

Justine, just beautiful! Just wanted to apologize for taking so long to get over here and congratulate you on being one of our Guest Design Team Members for Susana's Custom Art and Card Design! I'm so excited to have you with us and can't wait to create with you!

Hugs to you,

Susan