Friday, February 27, 2009

Final Card for Viva La Verve




The twist on this challenge was to add Acetate... I chose to use the Acetate (plastic stuff for overhead projectors) as the base of my card. I know that these are Verve sketch challenges but I chose to use my new Shirley's 2 Girls stamps. This stamp is called Break and Mend. Want to talk about fun to color?? This is my favorite for this week. Yes I love that little kitty cat but something about Globes that appeal to me and I have been having lots of fun creating different color combos and using different ways of shading.

This sketch, this color combo and this stamp are definitely going to be used in conjunction with one another again. I completed all of my DT work and have mailed it off to "The Sisters" and I am patiently waiting for my next stamps to arrive. We have a new DT Leader, Karolyn, and she has issued some fun sketch challenges for us, in which I cannot wait to get started on. We are also working on a weekly challenge that everyone can get in on, so stay tuned for more info on that. I was just over at S2G website and it appears as though they are adding new papers, ribbons and stamps to their line of products. Their prices are LOW, LOW, LOW. The ribbon prices just blew me away, as did their prices on stamps. They will be releasing some new Furry Friends very soon and you can get a little peek over on their blog HERE..........

Laura Frederickson and I have challenged each other. We will unvail our challenges on March 2nd and allow you to play along.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you will be back soon.

3 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Great post & plug for S2G.....hope D&K are aware of it. Love your take of the Break and Mend image. Well done, sistah!

Anonymous said...

thnx 4 the luv...D & K

Anonymous said...

YOU KNOW I LOVE THIS ONE TOO!! -KAYLEIGH