Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Digital meets Stamps for a lil Rock n Roll




Sooooo Long SWEEEEEEET 16 ------- HeLLo I wanna Party ALL NIGHT LonG

I was asked to create a birthday card for a co-worker's daughter who is into Guitars, Rock n Roll, Punk, Grunge, (you get the idea)..... Anyhow, this is an area that our stamping industry seems to be lacking, at least my stamp collection anyway. My great friend Jen Tapler just happens to be a Guru in the Digital/Hybrid community. I asked her a few questions and followed some of the links for companies that she designs for. The Digichick website has so many kits to choose from but I ended up choosing the one titled Let's Rock by JanaM .

Purchasing and downloading was super simple. Basically all I did was to open files in my Photoshop CS3, re-size, print and cut them out or cut the images down. I would love to know how to get all fancy but I kept putting this card off until the morning of my deadline. I ad already purchased the kit but I just couldn't figure out what I was going to do much less come up with a design...........

I printed out the Card cover and the inside. After cutting them to fit, I had left over scraps of cardstock so I traced around some chipboard numbers and adhered the paper on top and inked the edges. I printed out a smaller version of the Guitar with wings, cut it out and mounted it on my tall foam squares. I added some bling in the centers of the little stars of the guitar. For the tag, I stamped a sentiment from PTI's Piece of Cake stamp set and heat embossed it in black, inked the edges and adhered it onto a piece of red cs. I rounded the corners of the tag, punched the small ovals, and attached it with ribbon. I set black eyelets in each of the four corners and of course inked the edges......

The inside of the card was printed and the edges inked and smudged. I added a fun party sticker, punched a coordinating circle, stamped U ROCK and heat embossed in black. The little t-shirt was stamped on a seperate piece of paper and heat embossed in black and I added the sentiment Happy Birthday. The t-shirt stamps are from GinaK Designs but designed by Melanie Muenchinger and comes with some really fun sentiments made for the t-shirts. I am loving this new stamp set!! I stamped the T-shirt on the envelope that I custom made to fit this card. The finished card measures 5 1/2" x 5 1/2". I also used the Miss U Rock on the back of the card where I placed my signature.

I am off to bed. I hope my Dabbling into the Digital scene inspires you to check it out but just for the record, the Valentine Digi Kit from PCP is a ready to print kind of thing. You do not need Photo Shop in order to use it. Thanks for stopping by, see ya'll tomorrow.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

what can I say! these tees rock! and so do U!