Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Rain Rain Go AWAY


Happy Tuesday everyone. If you are living here in Sicily, I do not need to explain the title of today's post... We are having the weirdest weather. This morning I couldn't stop looking out the windows. For the past several days it has been very dark, rainy, and cold with strong gusts of wind. The sky looked as though it were sitting right above my house. The strangest part is that it was YELLOW outside. I am not talking sunshine yellow! More like the color of Sand (a light brown yellowy color). Although it was raining, there was a quiet eeriness to it. Now originally being from Oklahoma, I was expecting a big Twister to come screaming through at any moment. I really wish that I had thought to take a photo ;( Apparently we were receiving a sand storm from the Sahara Desert.... Our schools were let out at 1/2 day due to crazy flooding, the school buses had to find alternative routes home.

It could be worse ========= It could be SNOW. YUCK!!

Today's card is my submission for the Mojo Monday Sketch challenge. If you would like to play along, create your card using the sketch above, upload it to Splitcoast Stampers and label it MOJO69. You can also click on the banner to the right for full description and details. This sketch just seemed to flow for me. Guess that's why they call it MOJO.

First, I inked the edges of my my card base. cut a blush piece of CS a tad bit smaller, distressed the edges with my fingernail and inked the edges. The blush colored strip was first stamped with Dark Chocolate ink using the little bow from "Black Tie Birdies", adhered a strip of ribbon. I then Zig Zag Stitched it onto my brown CS and adhered it to the Card.

I creatd the scalloped circle medallion with a corner punch. Not sure what it's name is but it is orange. I simply removed the bottom portion of the punch in order to get the edges of my circle in there flush. This is actually the first time I have ever used this technique and I didn't even waste paper with trial and error. Easy Peasy. It is double mounted on a brown scallop circle.

The large brown heart was stamped in Vintage Cream using the heart from Heart to Heart stamp set by Verve . I then punched out it using EK Success large heart punch. The heart is mounted on foam squares. The buttons were threaded then adhered with glue dots.
For the little hearts at the bottom, I again inked up the same heart stamp as above, however, this time I stamped it with the EK Success medium heart punch. (VERY CLEVER) I believe the metal letters are by Heidi Swapp.

Using a Blanket Stitch, I hand stiched the top corner with embroidery floss........ Again, I wish I had taken photos so that you could get a better visual of the instructions above.
That's it for me, thank you for stopping by and I hope that you will send me a link if you decide to play along with this challenge.........
..............Products Used..........................
Stampin' Up, EK Success, PaperTrey Ink, Verve, Heidi Swapp

2 comments:

Yankee in England said...

I love your color choice I am very into Chocolate brown right now. Lovely card!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Wonderful job with the sketch...I love the medallion and the buttons! Fab Valentine for a guy...and you are lucky it's not snow...I would gladly trade you some of ours!