Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Autumn Leaves




I would have never thought that this stamp set would end up being so much fun.  Believe it or not, the fall one is not the only one I have been inking up.  I have started playing around with the winter one too.  

So OOO this started out as my big attempt at making a MASCULINE card ;o)  What do you think?  I don't know any man that wouldn't be thrilled to receive this pink shimmery tree card.....  OK so maybe I didn't exactly accomplish what I set out to do but that is pretty much par for the course where I am concerned.  The other day I started out to create a baby card and wound up with Christmas.......

That fabulous metal leaf is what got me all off track.  It came exactly like that, beads and all wrapped around a candle that I recently purchased.  Usually I hoard those types of things, saving them for the "perfect opportunity" and that "OPP" never happens.  Lucky for me, I have two of them------------------

The pink shimmery paper was a gift from Grandpa Joe.  He sent me a nice big stack of handmade paper.  I stamped a few leaves in close to cocoa then stitched it onto the chocolate chip card base.  The striped strip is actually wrapped around the spine of the card so that it is on both sides.  I adhered it after inking the edges to distress it a bit.  Pulled out a brown, scalloped scrap piece and zig zag stitched it down the middle of the stripes.  Next I pulled out the Cuttlebug and cut and embossed the squares using the large scalloped Nestabilities.  I stamped the tree in dark chocolate (PTI) then colored it using water color pencils, sponged it lightly and inked the edges by dipping my finger into a bronze stamp pad.  I think that it helps it to really "pop".

I gotta scoot off to bed because I will be up at 4 am for the PaperTrey Ink monthly release.  They have SOOO many new things that I am dying to get my hands on. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll come back soon.   I have got some cards coming up that I have really WOW'ed myself with.
........................................................
paper: chocolate chip, white naturals (SU), Striped & pink (SEI), handmade paper (?)
ink: close to cocoa (SU), dark chocolate (PTI), water color pencils (prism), bronze (ranger)
stamps: a tree for all seasons (SU), small leaves are SU
tools & misc: cuttlebug (provo craft), nestabilities (spellbinders), dimensionals (su)

No comments: