Thursday, November 4, 2010

Homemade Hot Cocoa & Winter Mittens


Nina Brackett
(crafting in croatia)
of
Gina K. Designs
has done it again

INTRODUCING
a Sneak Peek
at
"" WINTER MITTENS ""

Nina's new stamp set is an ABSOLUTE MUST HAVE this HOLIDAY SEASON for Creating wonderful, Handmade Gifts
or handmade labels

Just like many of Nina's Stamp Sets, she designed her MITTENS to coordinate with Spellbinders Dies

I've created a delicious, Homemade HOT COCOA recipe that I can't wait to deliver to my neighbors and friends.
Best of all each Gift costs around $4, including the Re-usable Jar!!!!For this project, I've used 5 of the stamps in order to create my packaging.

I first stamped an entire sheet of 8.5"x 11" cream cardstock using both of the snowflakes before running it through the printer to add the instructions.


I used the oval border stamp and the Hot Cocoa Sentiment for my belly band label then added a stamped polka dot mitten as an embellishment!!!


My Creative Brain is going crazy with ideas: Dried Soup Mixes, Ciders, Breads, Cookies, Brownies, Fudge................

CHALLENGES I USED:
My Partner in Crafty Crime: It's a Material World (use fabric on your project)
Little Red Wagon: Red
A Spoonful of Sugar: Embellish
The Shabby Tea Room: Country Kitchen Photo Inspiration
Wild Orchid: Classic Christmas (use classic Christmas colors)
Meljens: Use 3 different shapes (On my label I used oval, rectangle & the mitten, also used a circle on top)
Splitcoast Stampers: Green (I came back and tucked a little more green into my project using the green polka dot paper, the green buttons, and my green snowflakes)

20 comments:

Piali said...

Fabulous gifts!!!
Can I move to your neighborhood ???

Cecelia said...

These are way too cute! These would make great gifts! And those mittons are adorable and would be great with homeade goodies of any kind;0) Hope you are having a great week;0) It has been super hot here is Ca and it is November! Makes it hard to get in the Holiday spirit when it is 95 degrees...lol Take care;0)

Hugs
Cecelia B

Joanne said...

I love this idea! You did a fabulous job! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon:)
Joanne xo

Pat (mspfd) said...

Boy, are you ever on the ball... These are terrific gifts and the decorations are fabulous! Sigh, I haven't even thought about gifts yet...

mforquer said...

Totally adorable! Thanks for joining us at Meljen's Design this week!
Melissa

Debbie said...

Justine ... these are fabby and go oh so well with our inspiration photo this week!! Thanks for sharing your {sweet} project with us in the Tea Room :)

bosenberries said...

Such a lovely idea and gorgeous little mittens!! Thanks so much for playing with My Partner in Crafting Crime, Robin

NinaB said...

WOW, WOW, Justine, these are fabulous. What a thoughtful gift and esp because the packaging is handmade too. Your neighbors will love these! Thank you for sharing your beautiful work with my stamps.

Shauna {SK Studios} said...

LOVe these... totally love giving mixes for gifts, I gotta get crackin on making mine, hehe. I love how you did the labels- perfect!! Thanks for the inspiration ;)

{Lynn - that's me!} said...

These are wonderful, Justine. Such a fun, delightful way to give a holiday gift. Your presentation is perfect with these delicious treats.

Erin Smetak said...

What an adorable treat!!! Wanna send one up here?! ;) I just love your little details on these jars!

Lisa Lara said...

These labels on the jars are just the nicest Justine! I love the cute mittens.

lynn said...

such a lovely gift idea, justine!

Toneloni * Tonje said...

Great prodjet. Love all the pretty details!


Thanks for playing with the Sugar Ladies this week.

Hugs
Tonje

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Love the way these turned out Justine what a great gift idea!!!

cbuswell said...

gorgeous gift!! thanks for joining us this week at the Shabby Tea Room! : )

Avril Tanner said...

Such a great idea! Thanks for playing along with LRW

Sandy Ang said...

Lovely way to give a gift !

Maria Matter said...

ack! you're BRILLIANT!!! love these Justine!
xxx

Sprytebyrd said...

This is such a great idea, Justine! What a wonderful gift!

Thanks so much for playing along this week in our 3 Shapes challenge at Meljen's Designs this week! Good luck!
Dee (Spryte)♥
Sprytebyrds Spot